Run on the slopes of the Ortler at both sides of Sulden valley, cross the glacier at 2700m , climb to Tabarettahütte and take a final breath with a spectacular view before running down through the magical forest of Stelvio National Park to the warm heart of Sulden where you can get your hard earned reward and rest.
Mountain experience recommended. Trail at high altitude. Glacier with ice and rocks. Snow patches present. Not very technical, but significant exposed moutainsides and almost no cover from weather throughout the day. Several locations to drop out in case of emergency.
- Starting date: 10/07/2021
- Departure time: 08:30
- ITRA-UTMB: 2 points
- Meeting place: Tennis Center, Sulden am Ortler
- Maximum time: 10h
- Refreshment posts: 5
You don't have to run alone! Share your GPS Live Tracking link with your loved ones! As a fully fledged ski resort Sulden and Trafoi have a host of chairlifts, the biggest cable railway in the Alps and a gondola to bring your loved ones on the track so they can support you on your journey. They can follow you with binoculars when you descend down the slopes of Mount Ortler or climb up the gruesome Passo dello Stelvio while having a drink at one of the many mountain huts on the track.
Checkpoints & Time barriers
For both practical and safety reasons we rely on a live GPS-tracking service. Each refreshment station has a defined closing time which you can find in the table above. This counts both as an indication for the last participant and a time barrier for participants at which they’ll have to discontinue the race. Participants arriving after closing time will have to continue to the nearest drop-out point and hand over their number.
Medical support will be available at the aid station locations indicated in the table above. During the race the Sulden Mountain Rescue Team (Bergrettung Sulden) will provide on-track assistance on specific locations depending on the weather circumstances. Because mountain weather is unpredictable, this info will be released only days before the race.
- Mobile phone, insert emergency numbers, keep the phone always on, do not mask the number, check to start with fully charged battery and enough call volume
- Personal drinking cup (at least 15cl). No drinking cup will be available at the refreshments
- Bottles or camel bag, with a water reserve of 1lt (at least)
- Survival blanket / heatsheet
- Long pants or capri pants + socks (to completely cover the legs)
- Solid food reserve
- Waterproof jacket (like GoreTex) with hood
- Warm clothing (long-sleeved shirt) suitable to face extreme conditions and extreme cold on the mountains (wind, rain, snow)
- Adhesive elastic band, suitable for making a bandage or strapping (min 100 cm x 6 cm)
- Hat, cap or bandana
- Trail / trekking polesTrail / trekking poles
- Pocket knife
- Spare warm clothing, in case of bad weather conditions or stop for injury
- Little cash (20€)
Rules & Regulations
Running in the mountains is a dance between Eros & Thanatos. We can easily be enchanted by its beauty, but we should always be aware of the risks involved. We are guests in nature, so we have to take our responsibility. Please familiarize yourself with our rules (as you are required) before entering the event.read full rules